How Can We Help You Today?

Local News

Publish a Legal Notice

Advertise

National News

Local News

Loading

Legal Notices

JEFFREY MOVING SERVICES – FBN# 20196560180

FICTITIOUS BUSINESS NAME STATEMENT 20196560180The following company is doing business as: JEFFREY MOVING SERVICES, 16802 STONEHAVEN CIRCLE, HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA 92649. This business is conducted by an individual JEFFREY BONNET...

Read More

REPTILE ISLAND – FBN# 20196560674

FICTITIOUS BUSINESS NAME STATEMENT 20196560674The following company is doing business as: REPTILE ISLAND, 3960 PROSPECT AVE SUITE S, YORBA LINDA, CA 92886. This business is conducted by a general partnership (1) CHRIS GIACOLETI,...

Read More

RICK’S DRIVING SERVICE – FBN# 20196561076

FICTITIOUS BUSINESS NAME STATEMENT 20196561076The following company is doing business as: RICK’S DRIVING SERVICE, 8646 BUTTE CIRCLE UNIT 605C, HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA 926465737. This business is conducted by an individual...

Read More

SAN CLEMENTE MERKANTILE – FBN# 20196561358

FICTITIOUS BUSINESS NAME STATEMENT 20196561358The following company is doing business as: SAN CLEMENTE MERKANTILE, 336 AVENIDA SANTA MARGARITA, SAN CLEMENTE, CA 92672. This business is conducted by an individual KAREN OLSON, 336...

Read More
Loading

Laguna Hills

Laguna Hills

A Resort for All Seasons

Laguna Hills is built on one of the major land grants developed during the rancho era. Following Mexico’s independence from Spain in 1821, those who had served in the government or who had friends in authority, were given vast lands for cattle grazing. Rancho Lomas de Santiago, Rancho San Joaquin, and Rancho Niguel covered much of the western portion of the Saddleback Valley. Don Juan Avila was granted the 13,000-acre Rancho Niguel on which Laguna Hills is located.

In 1894, Lewis Moulton purchased Rancho Niguel from Don Juan Avila and increased the original grant to 22,000 acres (89 km2). Moulton and his partner, Jean Piedra Daguerre, used the ranch to raise sheep and cattle. The Moulton Ranch was eventually subdivided in the early 1960s, and part of the division became today’s Laguna Hills.

Incorporation efforts began in 1987 and on March 5, 1991, 86% of the residents voted in favor of forming the City of Laguna Hills. On December 20, 1991, Laguna Hills officially became a City. Subsequent annexations have included the North Laguna Hills (1996) and the “Westside Annexation” (2000) areas. The latter included 149 acres (0.60 km2) of residential land, including the Aliso Viejo Community Association’s Sheep Hills Park.[7]

In 2004, Laguna Hills’ City Hall was moved to an existing office building at 24035 El Toro Road, which was bought and renovated by the city. The city also rents out commercial space in the building, providing the city with a positive net income.[8]

Member of the California Newspaper Association

Member of the California Newspaper Association

We are a local independent weekly newspaper group serving Orange County, published every Friday. We are not owned or operated by any of the big daily newspapers. The views and opinions expressed are those of the publisher and not any organization. No reproduction, in whole or in part is permitted without the express written permission of Orange County Newspapers. Legal Advertising: We have been adjudicated by the Orange County Superior Court as a newspaper of general circulation pursuant to Government Code 6000 case #A202554 on July 6, 2000 and as such is the appropriate newspaper to place legal and public notices for the Orange County Judicial Districts.

Contact

Phone

(949) 589-9990

Fax

(949) 589-6429

Mail

cotonews@cox.net

Address

23472 Vista del Verde
Suite 6
Coto de Caza, California 92679